To share the Gospel, through the expository teaching of Scripture. Creating disciples-of Christ. Encouraging others to love God and others.
In this episode we started by talking about Dr. Michael Heiser’s passing as well as the impact he’s had on the way we view and study scripture. We then gave our thoughts on the Asbury revival. Afterwards we delved into Israel’s and Saudi Arabia’s relationship in relation to Ezekiel 38 and ended the episode by focusing on the several nations that are planning to soon launch a pilot of their CBDC.
Co-Hosted by Ayomikun Shosanya & Stephan Caraway.
Navigate to the links below to access the show notes for this episode which contains links to the stories we went over as well as articles, social media accounts, and other resources. If you enjoyed this episode, and are blessed by the ministry, we’d greatly appreciate it if you left a rating and a review.
Episode notes: https://www.figtreewatchers.com/2023/02/26/figtreewatchers-podcast-ep-126/
In this episode we started by talking about Dr. Michael Heiser’s passing as well as the impact he’s had on the way we view and study scripture. We then gave our thoughts on the Asbury revival. Afterwards we delved into Israel’s and Saudi Arabia’s relationship in relation to Ezekiel 38 and ended the episode by focusing on the several nations that are planning to soon launch a pilot of their CBDC. For a downloadable version of the show notes, click download below.
- Dr. Michael Steven Heiser’s Obituary
- Dr. Micahel Heiser | Why an Obsession with Eschatology is a Waste of Time, Part 1 | May 2nd, 2010
- CBN News | Revival Spreads to Texas A&M, Indiana Wesleyan and LSU: ‘It’s Not Religion. It’s Just Meeting JESUS’ | February 24th, 2022
- CBN News | Did Asbury Spark the Next Great Awakening? ‘The Time Is Now; the Kingdom of God Is Here’ | February 24th, 2022
- NBCBayArea | Church Sex Scandal Widens: Hundreds More Catholic Clergy Accused Across CA | February 22nd, 2023
- Israel National News | Netanyahu: Israel approaching ‘quantum leap’ with Saudi Arabia | February 19th, 2023
- The Times of Israel | Israel said to boost its efforts for closer ties with Saudi Arabia to face down Iran | February 18th, 2023
- TechCrunch | Japan’s central bank to pilot digital currency starting in April | February 20th, 2023
- CoinDesk | Bank of Russia to Pilot CBDC in April | February 17th, 2023
- CoinTelegraph | Russia to roll out CBDC pilot with real consumers in April | February 17th, 2023
- CNBC | Europe considers a digital currency as it strives to counter U.S. and China’s tech dominance | February 16th, 2023
- CoinDesk | UAE Plans to Issue a CBDC to Promote Digital Payments | February 13th, 2023
Social Media & Sharing
If you were blessed by our content follow us on Instagram, Facebook, or Telegram. Subscribe to our podcast wherever you listen to podcasts and please give us a rating and a review. It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
Also, our passion is to answer any questions you may have regarding bible prophecy and current events. To that end, we encourage you to submit questions you have or send us a topic idea that you’d like to see get covered.
All requests and/or questions can be emailed to email@example.com or you can send us a DM on our social media pages. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
The Gospel Presentation
Revelation 19:10 tells us that the essence of bible prophecy is Jesus Christ. These things were revealed to us so that we ultimately believe in Christ (John 13:19). We’ve all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Psalm 51:5, Romans 3:23). Because God is Holy he must judge sin. The penalty of this sin is death and ultimately the Lake of fire (Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:11-15). There’s nothing we can do to save ourselves (Isaiah 64:6).
But God, in his love has provided a way to escape his wrath through Christ (John 3:16-18, John 14:6). Jesus paid for our sin penalty by taking God’s wrath in our stead on the cross (Romans 5:8). He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again 3 days later (1 Corinthians 15:1-5).
You can accept this free gift of salvation by believing in Christ (Acts 16:30-31, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9). Make sure you’ve made the right decision about Jesus today (2 Corinthians 6:2)! It will be the most important decision of your life, for eternal life.